Saturday, September 23, 2017

Moving On

So, my wife and I have moved out of our "big house" and into our guest house; and today I deleted my Facebook account as an act of sacrifice and, I hope, worship.

I often say that the only thing that is constant is change, and I believe that is true. So it is with my life. I find that the thought of "moving on" doesn't rattle me or bother me. I don't miss the big house (we'll see whether or not I have withdrawal from Facebook.)

My hope is that this next season of my life may be just a bit slower and less chaotic; but also that it may be a season of new beginnings, of finding my place in this world and in the Kingdom of God in a new and different and deeper way.

Today is Shabbat, and I have grown to appreciate the peace and rest of this day so much. Perhaps 5778 will be my shabbat year. We shall see.

No comments:

Post a Comment